Our next Open Mornings will be held on Thursdays 9.30am-12 noon on the following dates:
Thursday 4th July 2019
Meet the teachers and children and learn more about our school. This session is for parents and carers only. To reserve your place call Dominique Allen, Admissions Manager on 0115 9415295.
The Iona School is non-doctrinal and non-sectarian but has a Christian orientation. Our seasonal festivals are of an open nature and children from all religions freely participate.
The work of the teachers is inspired by the wisdom and contemporary relevance of Rudolf Steiner’s educational philosophy and how it prepares children for the changing modern world. The school’s ethos and teaching, supports the rule of English civil and criminal law, we do not teach any partisan views or undermine this.
We aim to give the children:
- Eternal values
- Self confidence
- A love of learning
- The ability to work with others
- Enduring and practical skills
- Open and tolerant attitudes
- Spiritual freedom
The task of the education at the Iona School can be summarized thus:
- Fostering healthy development in every child
- Enabling children to reach their potential
- Helping children to develop the skills they need to contribute to society